Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Safety Pilot?
In layman's terms, a Safety Pilot watches for traffic from the right seat while the left seat pilot practices instrument approaches "under
What is Safety Pilot Club? Safety Pilot Club is an online community where members can find a Safety Pilot, a Rideshare or a Student Pilot Mentor. Pilots of all levels of experience can share knowledge, stories, and expenses associated with flying.
Each pilot will have profiles searchable by airport ID, airport name, or state. Sign up is easy and is completed via PayPal.
Membership has tremendous benefits:
- Under specific circumstances this can allow both pilots to log flying time. Consult the FAA website for complete information on logging PIC Time.
- This is an economical solution for Instrument Rated pilots to stay IFR current.
- Both pilots can learn from each other and share the costs.
What are the benefits of becoming a Safety Pilot Club member?
- Members can save money and gain experience by arranging Rideshares with other pilots looking to share a destination or vacation.
- Experienced pilots can help members looking for a Safety Pilot or a Student Pilot Mentor.
- Members can get involved in the Aviation Community both on a national level and local level.
- Our networking system includes a Member Profile, Blog, Mail System, Buddy List, Search Profile feature and much more.
- Your information will not be sold by the operators of this site.
- The one time membership fee consists of just $14.95 for activation. Thereafter, you will never pay another cent for membership. This keeps SPC limited to those interested in flying. It also keeps spammers out and makes us an exclusive community for pilots and aviation enthusiasts.
- This membership does not expire and you have full access to the site for as long it is up and running.
- The member referral feature allows you to invite friends and fellow pilots to join.
- In a simple word: Privacy. Free websites are open to anyone who wants to join. Other (free) websites still get their money from you via: selling your personally identifiable information, charging for a premium level membership, or bombarding you with advertisements.
- Since this is a paid membership, you can be sure our members are motivated by sharing flight expenses and networking with other pilots.
- Money collected from membership fees are used to: 1) Pay for promotions and advertising. 2) Fund enhancements and improvements to the site. 3) Hire professional services to maintain the site.
SafetyPilotClub.com is owned by the web development company Real-Neighborhoods, LLC. Real-Neighborhoods was founded in 2004 and development on Safety Pilot Club began in 2005.